Connexus Energy has an exciting opportunity for a SCADA expert to help drive the direction of our distribution system applications. This role is key to the development of SCADA, voltage reduction, automated power factor control, as well as future distribution automation and smart grid applications. If you are looking to expand and grow your career, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss.
Located in Ramsey, MN, Connexus Energy provides electric service to 130,000+ members in a 7-county area north of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota. Our cooperative has received high ranking in service reliability and customer service and is the largest distribution cooperative in MN. You’ll love our culture of collaboration and teamwork, focus on serving our members, leading edge technology, and northern suburban office location.
· Provide technical oversight and direction to substation and distribution system Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) development and operation.
· Establish, configure, and troubleshoot communications between end-use devices and SCADA.
· Develop, implement and maintain distribution automation systems that maximize use of distribution plant capacity and system value, and enhance distribution system reliability.
· Develop, maintain, and oversee the engineering, construction and maintenance requirements for SCADA and related distribution automation systems.
· Investigate and discover industry standards and trends and recommend future development and enable continuing innovation.
· Establish end-to-end communications between SCADA and field devices.
· Provide technical support and training to internal partners and users.
· BS in Electrical Engineering and 5 years related work experience
· Associate level electrical degree/certificate or BS in computer/software engineering and sciences and 7+ years related work experience
· Experience with distribution system device control programming
· Knowledge of the operation of electrical distribution system and associated equipment
· Strong ability to analyze and solve problems
· Customer focus
· Current and valid Class D driver’s license
· Coursework in power systems
· Experience in OSI's SCADA platform
· Experience leading teams and managing projects
· Experience with an electric utility (electric distribution utility experience a plus)
The application review process will begin the week of January 21 and will continue until the position is filled.
Compensation: This position offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.